- There's NO such thing as ONE day! Only, 'Today!' Do it Today!
- One must show themselves friendly in order to gain friendship!
- There is NO such thing as a bad day! Remember that… it’s all about perception. You pray and ask God what He wants you to learn from each experience. Don’t allow the outside to affect your inside...it can be raining on the outside, but sunshine all around on the inside!
- If you don’t respect and honor you, who else will?
- The company you keep says a lot about your character!
- Two keys in life that will take you further than others: GRATITUDE and PERSISTENCE.
- It's difficult to move forward while looking backwards.
- Don’t fear you or what God is able to do through you. With Him, your possibilities are limitless and YOU must know this (most times before anyone else figures it out).
- Never compare yourself to others, but celebrate everything unique about you! Those unique things are your strength!!!
- Even when people have wronged you~ treat them with kindness. It goes far...the golden rule that is: "do unto others as you will have them do unto you."
- The ball you throw, be prepared to catch it--the seed you plant, watch out for it's harvest...whether positive or negative.
- Never assume. If you have a question, ask.
- Never pretend. If you don’t want to be bothered, don’t. Sounds harsh, but it is as simple as that…there's a time and season for all things and that even includes some people.
- Know that self preservation is not selfish!
- In the words of Dr. Maya Angelou, "don't bring negativity to my door." Some people are completely full of negativity, sadly! It's okay to be a light in darkness, but some darkness is too much for you. That's when you must pray and "shake the dust from underneath your feet," then keep it a moving! Those are the people you should keep out of your space. Self-preservation.
- Realize: some peoples' problem with YOU, are themselves. Keep it moving because you cannot and most definitely will not please everybody.
- Always know the difference between blessings and burdens. If it's a blessing~ be grateful—appreciate it, care for it with every fiber in your being...don't take it for granted. If it's a burden and keeps you from growing—rid it.
- Each morning you awake, it’s a NEW day! …with new mercies and opportunities awaiting you. Don’t take it for granted. Make every second count…even if it’s in your PJs and cozy socks relaxing. (relaxing is self preservation too, thus productivity as well.)
- Be happy with who YOU are (first and foremost) and others will follow your lead!
- Your attitude, what you believe, what you do, who you’re around: matters indeed.
- Don’t fear hearing the word "No!" (Look at it as your blessing and protection.)
- Trust God. Be patient and wait on His divine timing.
- God gives us passion for certain things because they are tied to our purpose… seek Him!!
- Grocery shopping is best in the morning! (okay, this may be a tip! depending on how serious it is to you. LOL!)
- Things are resources. God is the Source. Go to Him.
- Know that tests and trials are just that (and temporary). In Him, you will succeed.
- Life is MOST golden when you include Christ.
- The most valuable things in life are NOT measured in monetary terms (set your priorities accordingly).
- In good relationships AND friendships, there must be trust, reciprocity (give and return), respect and loyalty.
- In all you do: seek to practice excellence, plan with purpose while expecting greatness.
- Through it all, it’s always good to ask God for wisdom. Reading the Books of James and Proverbs occasionally while applying their amazing wisdom will help you to avoid many pitfalls in life: career, marriage and family, friendships, etc.
- Avoid saying anything that you would regret moments later. I'll never forget one of the most beautiful, POWERFUL and prophetic messages I received as a young woman from a Mother in the church was, "Shhhhhhhhhhhhh~" so~ think before you speak, update statuses, tweet and even pin!
- Optimism is key and laughter really is one of the best (and least expensive) medicines.
- Stay among those things (and people) which brings life and substance (growth)~ even if it means being alone..(with Christ you're never lonely)
- All things are possible to those who believe! ...again, in Christ, you will succeed!
- Know that rejection really is protection. God will protect and redirect you. With gratitude, it is important to have this perspective.
- It’s okay to be you. Don’t change for anyone (unless it’s for better, of course.) Don’t allow things or people to hold you back or distract you. Protect your space and know that everyone (and everything) isn’t for you. It is that simple. You must press toward the mark because you have a greater calling.
Yes! It’s my birthday! I’m gonna party like it’s my birthday! (…and, by party I mean rest and relax!) I remember in 2012, I put together a list of lessons learned and posted it to my Facebook timeline titled: ~Life Lessons at 35~. I received so much positive feedback that I decided this year to add a couple more and allow them to grace this page, my new blog (still excited--launch party to come.) As I look back on that year, I realize how much has changed. I’m grateful to God as I think about how far I’ve come, yet I have many steps to go. And, with His perfect strength, my faith remains unshaken. Since my previous list, I’ve dealt with enough to add 100 new life lessons to the list (laughing), but since I’m ‘only’ turning 37, let's go::::
Thank you for stopping by.